The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
The RN Manager is an integral part of the leadership team and is responsible for many duties in the Cath lab including circulating, monitoring and documenting the case. Our amazing leaders continually provide leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel as well as active participation in department shared leadership and facility wide committees.
Teamwork is STRONG in this department, and support to be your best self is great. Join us as we improve the lives of the patients we care for through outstanding nursing care.
Enjoy 3 12-hour shifts Monday-Friday
No weekends, holidays or call
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
2. Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
3. Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
4. Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
5. Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
8. Supervises clinical unit staff to ensure excellent patient care. Participates in activities that foster management skills while enabling staff to care for patients, determine schedules, edit time cards, research budget issues and order supplies. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing. BSN required for all individuals entering the role effective 2/1/2016. BSN required for internal transfers/promotions within 6 months of transfer/promotion.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. BLS Required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.